Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall is here!

So Max has started t-ball, but unfortunately I don't have any pictures yet.  Craig is coaching and I am the "helper", so I haven't had a lot of down time to take pictures during the game.  Managing a dugout full of 12 four year olds is INTERESTING!!!  Max is doing great though.  This is actually coach pitch, which means you get 3 pitches to hit and if you don't hit then you use the tee.  So far he has only needed the tee one time.  He is very motivated about not using the tee:)  He still has the infamous Max run, which has now become a source of entertainment for the teachers at school.  They tell me he is the highlight of the recess time.  Oddly enough, Craig and I have been informed that his run may be due to weakness.  He did have a weird injury a year or two ago, but an x-ray revealed no broken bones so it was ignored.  Now, I am starting to wonder if his run is due to compensation from that injury.  I am going to try to arange a PT eval soon, so hopefully we can work out some kinks on good o Max's run:)))
Calli is still dancing and is doing a great job!!!  She LOVES her teacher and listens very well in class.  One day she got a "great listener" sticker, which has been the highlight of her dance "career".  I am trying to prepare her for a recital in December.  Anyone that knows Calli knows that she is very shy, so I want her to be fully informed that she is expected to dance in front of people.  We will see how that goes!
School is going great!  Both kids love their teachers.  They are learning songs to remember how to spell color words, which is sometimes a topic of arguement in the car.  It seems that different teachers teach different lyrics, OR my kids are just thinking they do.  So there is often a discussion about how you are supposed to sing the songs.  Max has gotten to be the "Star Student" during the month of September.  He has enjoyed being the helper for the teaching including vacuuming the classroom (I wonder if I can create a star student at home that can learn how to vacuum?) 
They have both started participating in the children's choir at their school AND we are doing Sunday school at St. Gabriel (which I am teaching as well). 
So to wrap it up we have been really busy lately!!!!

So now that Fall is here, we went to a farm in Shelbyville to pick pumpkins.  It turned out to be a great day!  We enjoyed a hayride to the pumpkin patch, face painting, climbing on hay bails and of course snacks.  Here are a few pics....






1 comment:

Lyndsay Taylor said...

I cannot believe how big they are!!! Looking forward to a family get together soon!! :)